Website Use and Entry Terms & Conditions
The terms on this webpage set out the legal contract that applies when you enter our Lucky Ticket website (“Site”) in order to take part in one of the prize draws organised by different charities to raise money for a variety of charitable causes. We’ve worked hard to make these terms easy to understand and avoid legal jargon. Please read them carefully before entering our website, because they are legally binding and you agree to be bound by them upon entry.
WHO IS LUCKY TICKET?
- We are Giving Matters Limited, trading as Lucky Ticket referred to in these terms as (“Lucky Ticket”, “we”, “us” or “our”).
- Our registered office is at 85 Great Portland Street, First Floor, London, W1W 7LT. We are a private limited company, registered in England and Wales with company number 12599012.
HOW CAN I CONTACT LUCKY TICKET?
- If you have any questions about these terms, how to enter a prize draw or anything else related to our website, please get in touch using the Contact page on our website.
USE OF OUR SITE CONTENT
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Site, and in the material published on it. Those works are subject to copyright and are protected by worldwide intellectual property laws. All such rights are reserved.
INFORMATION ON THIS SITE
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Site is accurate, complete or up to date.
- We are not responsible for any content which is not published by us and have no control over content of any third party sites or resources linked to our Site.
CONDUCT OF USERS
- You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for interactions with other users of this Site (if any), and that you are solely responsible for all content you publish or post to this Site or transmit to other users of this Site.
- You must not use any part of the content on our Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
- You agree not to post, distribute or reproduce in any way any copyright material, trademarks or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior consent of the owner of such proprietary rights.
- You will not submit any content that contains offensive, obscene or otherwise unlawful references, offensive language, or other material that we may consider could bring us or the Site into disrepute.
- You agree not to transmit any chain letters, spam letters, or junk email to other users, and not to participate in mischievous or malicious behaviour which causes damage or may cause damage to us or this Site or any of the computer systems on which this Site resides.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR A CHARITY PRIZE DRAW ON LUCKY TICKET?
- Lucky Ticket provides a platform for charities to advertise the work they do and the prize draws they are running to raise money through your purchase of prize draw tickets and donations.
- Lucky Ticket is not the organiser of any prize draws, the provider of any prize draw prizes or alternate replacement prize draw prizes. This responsibility lies with the relevant charities on our website.
- All details regarding prizes, alternate prizes, delivery of prizes and anything else specific to a charity prize draw, will be provided on the prize draw page by the relevant charity. Lucky Ticket are in no way responsible for the successful completion of the prize draws or the associated prizes.
- For further information about the charity prize draws please refer to our FAQ page on our website. Please note the FAQs are for information purposes only. Where there is a conflict or inconsistency between these terms and the FAQs, these terms will prevail.
- If you wish to update your preferences including in relation to your marketing preferences, please refer to the My Lucky Ticket page.
HOW DO I ENTER A CHARITY PRIZE DRAW VIA LUCKY TICKET?
- All prize draws will run between the dates (inclusive) set out on the individual prize draw page. You will not be able to enter the prize draw after the closing date.
- You do not have to purchase a ticket for the prize draft in order to enter a prize draw list on Lucky Ticket and can enter for free via a postal entry, more details are below.
- By using Lucky Ticket and taking part in any charity prize draws via our website you acknowledge that these terms will apply. You also confirm that when acting on behalf of a business you have authority to bind them to these terms. If this is not the case, you should not enter into a charity prize draw via Lucky Ticket.
- When you purchase a ticket to enter a charity prize draw via our website, we will deduct 10% from your ticket price in addition to any deductions made by the payment system providers. To ensure we are clear with you, when you enter a charity prize draw through our website, we will receive 5% of your ticket cost. The other 5% deducted will go into our Community Pledge fund. For more information on this, please visit our “How It Works” page, here.
- The Community Pledge fund is a pot that we have created to support charities more broadly. Where you visit our page to enter into a specific charity prize draw and have been directed here by that charity, we will ensure that for every prize draw you enter into following on from this initial prize draw, your referring charity will receive 5% of every prize draw entry thereafter.
- For the avoidance of doubt, we do not charge the Charity for any postal entries, nor will these entries impact the fundraising targets set out on their relevant prize draw page.
- You must create an account the first time that you wish to enter one of our charity prize draws online. For more information on how to do this please visit our FAQs page. When you register for an account on Lucky Ticket you must ensure that all information you provide to us is accurate and kept up to date.
- You must keep your account details safe. Any piece of information as part of our security procedures including your username and password must be treated as confidential. We have the right to disable any user identification code or password at any time. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- At no point will we hold prize draw ticket proceeds or donations for the charity save as set out in these terms. Lucky Ticket only acts as an intermediary in this process.
- Please note, unless stated in these terms once you purchase a prize draw ticket we will not be able to provide you with a refund, even if you realise you are ineligible to win the prize!
- All details relating to a specific charity prize draw will be listed on the relevant page on our website including:
- Start and closing dates to enter the prize draw;
- More details on how to participate in a prize draw;.
- Further information on the entry routes;
- Any (if any) restrictions on entry;
- Details of prizes and delivery of prizes;
- Whether a prize may be substituted for a monetary equivalent; and
- How and when information about winners and results will be made available.
- There is a limit of ten online entries to a prize draw per person per transaction.
- We want to raise money for charity and provide you with enjoyable prize draws so we reserve all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of this. We will provide refunds where we disqualify you in this manner.
- To enter for free by post please send a completed entry form, which can be found on the relevant prize draw page, to: Giving Matters Limited, PO Box 349, Cornerways, WOODBRIDGE, IP13 0YZ
- Each postal entry counts for one entry into the prize draw.
- Please note that where you enter by post, you will still need to create an account on our Site and follow the instructions given.
- We/the charity will not accept:
- responsibility for competition entries that are lost, mislaid, or delayed in transit, regardless of cause;
- more than one postal entry per person per prize draw;.
- proof of posting or transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the competition.
- All postal entries will be manually entered into the random number generator and will hold an equal chance of winning as an online entry.
WHO CAN ENTER A CHARITY PRIZE DRAW VIA OUR WEBSITE, UNLESS EXPRESSIVELY INDICATED ON THE RAFFLE PAGE?
- If you’re over the age of 18 and a resident in England, Wales and Scotland you can enter a charity prize draw via our website, unless expressively indicated on the raffle page.
- You will not be permitted to enter a prize draw where you are based in Northern Ireland.
- There is a limit of:
- ten purchased prize draw tickets per prize draw via our website per transaction; and
- one free entry per person via the postal entry per prize draw.
- By entering a charity prize draw via our website, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to any prize you may win – we or the relevant charity may ask you to provide proof!
- We won’t accept competition entries that are:
- We won’t accept competition entries that are:
- by third parties.
- Where we receive entries in bulk by you to multiple prize draws, we may at our discretion remove your access to your account on Lucky Ticket as well as any future prize draws to comply with our legal requirements.
- We have in place a system for tracking persistent users who may, for example, have a gambling addiction. We reserve the right to prevent further participation of an individual should our process identify that individual as a vulnerable person (either by virtue of age or otherwise).
PRIZES AND JUDGING
- Each prize draw will have a different prize and will be stated on the relevant page. All prizes will be provided and delivered by the relevant charity at no cost to you, the entrant.
- All winners will be selected randomly by an online random number generator so each donation or postal entry will hold the same weight. Postal entries will be manually entered in to the random name generator.
- The charity providing any prize draws prizes will have the right to replace that prize if circumstances beyond their control make it necessary to do so, with either:
- an alternate prize of equal or higher value; or
- the monetary value of the prize..
- All prizes and any alternate prizes are not negotiable, nor are they transferable.
- The decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- Within 3 days of the closing date, we will contact you with a notification via email if you have won the prize draw.
- The relevant charity will contact the winner personally as soon as practicable after the winner of the prize draw is announced, using the telephone number or email address provided with the competition entry.
- We will either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. We will only ever publish your Lucky Ticket number, other than where you have given us or the charity your express consent to publish your name or any further information about you.
- We don’t accept any responsibility if you are unable to take up the prize.
- Where you wish to donate to an applicable charity whether this is alongside your entry into one of the prize draws advertised on our website or independently, there will be a link provided on the relevant charity prize draw page.
- You do not have to donate in order to enter into a prize draw that we advertise, whether this is online or by post.
- Where you make a donation to a charity following a link on our website, all proceeds will go directly to the charity, we do not receive and will not have access to any donations.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
- We will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by our negligence or fraud. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- If we break these Terms, we are responsible for the proportion of loss or damage you suffered that happened as a foreseeable result of our actions, or because we failed to use reasonable care and skill. We are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not “foreseeable”. By “foreseeable”, we mean either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, we both knew it might happen.
- If at any point we believe that you have breached these terms and conditions, we reserve the right to exclude you from participating in a prize draw at our discretion.
- We reserve the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in either the Scottish or the English courts.
- Complaints handling. If you are not happy with how we have handled any complaint, you may want to submit the dispute to the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution platform, for online resolution by an independent body.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
As Lucky Ticket grows, improves and creates new services, we might have to make changes to these Terms. We will do this by uploading the latest version with a date confirming when they went live. The new Terms will not affect any prize draws that have already been launched and started.